Today, we are launching a crowdfunding campaign to raise $35,000 in six weeks! Launched in January 2016, The Mom Pod is a bi-weekly podcast series related to motherhood around the world, produced and hosted by Girls’ Globe bloggers and new mothers Julia Wiklander and Emma Saloranta. We have already produced 6 episodes, reaching individuals in over 50 countries and listened to over 1000 times!
pisodes cover a range of issues important to mothers and incorporate interviews, surveys and more to inform and raise awareness about issues relevant to parents and other caregivers. The Mom Pod episodes bring together research, data, hot topics in the media and personal stories and experiences from mothers around the world.
The Objectives of The Mom Pod are:
- to promote understanding and tolerance
- to share experiences, information and practice across cultures
- to disseminate interesting and important information to parents and people working with maternal and child health on relevant and timely topics
- to create a judgement-free space to share personal, sensitive and uplifting stories of motherhood
Emma and Julia decided to start The Mom Pod after they shared their experiences of pregnancy, birth and becoming new mothers in different parts of the world. They realized the need to break taboos, spread information and share experiences as mothers – to empower each other in this new journey. Listen to the first episodes of The Mom Pod on Soundcloud, iTunes or find them on girlsglobe.org.
Through this crowdfunding campaign we want to raise $35,000 to finance the growth and continuation of The Mom Pod. The funding will enable us to:
- produce at least 8 additional episodes – by paying for our time, travel, and necessary web tools and resources
- upgrade our podcasting equipment to improve sound quality, recording possibilities and ultimately, the experience for our listeners. – enabling us to record with high-quality from multiple environments and diversifying the reach of The Mom Pod
With your support you will have the possibility to listen to an amazing podcast directly on your mobile device and the web. We want to thank you in a variety of creative ways. That’s why we are working with Finnish illustrator Elina Tuomi to create some great perks for you and we want to connect with you and give you the possibility to influence The Mom Pod.
“We live in a world where motherhood as a whole is undervalued. While we espouse the importance of mothers on Mother’s Day and in facebook posts, we still value the work of stay at home mothers less than we do the work of doctors, lawyers or bankers, and we minimize the allowances we make in the workplace for working moms. In reality, it’s the immense effort of mothers everyday that fuel our own success and future generations; they are, in their own way, the axis on which humanity spins. The Mom Pod is working on elevating that discussion on a global level, and creating a place for mothers everywhere to share in the challenges, heartbreak and shared experience of being a mother, across borders and cultures.”
Farah Mohammed, Journalist
Other Ways You Can Help
Thanks for reading our presentation! There are several ways you can help us, besides donating to our campaign.
- We know that you have people in your network that share our passion! Share this campaign with them and through your social media channels. Tip: Use the Indiegogo share tools.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
- If you haven’t yet, listen to our episodes on iTunes or Soundcloud
- Want to do more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org! We look forward to being in touch!