How can you stay hopeful when witnessing unspeakable crimes against women and girls? That and so much more in this episode of the Hey Changemaker! Podcast.
Ruchira Gupta is an author and activist who believes in a world in which no child is bought or sold. After winning an Emmy for her documentary on sex-trafficking, she set up an NGO called Apne Aap, that has helped thousands of girls and women exit systems of sexual exploitation.
She has worked with the UN to change laws and policies in countries all over the world to end sex-trafficking.
We talk about her amazing work, her upcoming book and debut novel, I Kick and I Fly, based on experiences related to her, the change that she has seen in the past 20 years and the challenges that remain. She shares personal stories and truly, a message of hope.
Learn more and connect with Ruchira Gupta via these links:
- Instagram: @RuchiraaGupta
- Twitter: @RuchiraGupta
- Facebook: @RuchiraGuptawriter
This is our 20th episode of the Hey Changemaker! Podcast!
So far we’ve reached listeners in over 47 countries, from Pakistan to Paraguay and from New Zealand to the Netherlands. This is a weekly podcast, however, we will be taking a one month break to review, improve and leave some time to prepare future episodes of the Hey Changemaker! Podcast.
In the meantime, you’re invited to share your questions, comments or thoughts in a voice message.
- Do you have any concerns in your work as a changemaker that you’d like us to discuss?
- Do you have questions for me or about Girls’ Globe?
- Do you have any comments or additions you’d like to make to the conversations that we’ve had so far?
- Perhaps you want to tell us what you like about this podcast?
- Or maybe you just have an inspirational message to share with our global community of changemakers?
If so – go to girlsglobe.org/changemaker and scroll to the section called Leave a Message or Ask a Question.
Once you’ve recorded and submitted your recording, we will review and may very well use your question or comment in an upcoming episode – or even as the basis of a conversation.