The Girls' Globe
Are you an activist, advocate or expert
on gender equality, human rights or social justice?
The Girls’ Globe Fellowship Program amplifies the voices of young changemakers and supports them with tools to strengthen their skills, confidence and community.
- Are you passionate and longing to make an impact in the world?
- Are you ready to connect with other activists, advocates and experts to strengthen solidarity and collaboration?
- Do you want your voice to resonate with a global audience?
- Do you have ideas for content that can inspire others to take action for a more equal, just, safe and sustainable world?
If any of the above is true for you, the Girls’ Globe Fellowship Program might be what you need.
Girls’ Globe hosts a network of contributors – fellows, writers and organizations – from over 35 countries across 5 continents. Our audience spans every country in the world.
Ready to get amplified
and support others in the process?
The Girls’ Globe Fellowship Program will support you in to reach new levels with your work. With exclusive training, coaching and editorial support, Girls’ Globe will provide you with a platform to be heard across the world.
Our Fellowship Program will give you
- Showcase your work and inspiring stories on girlsglobe.org – reaching a global and engaged audience.
- Get editorial support and tools for better online communication – making your content stand out in an overly crowded digital world.
- Gain access to new audiences and increase visibility online for the issues that really matter to you.
- New skills through our online course Digital Storytelling for Impact and additional resources, guides and more.
- A larger network of supportive individuals to help you forward.
- Gain trust and support to take your activism or advocacy to the next level.
Here's how it works
The Girls’ Globe Fellowship Program is one year. Fellows have access to the benefits of the program for 5 years.
We have a limited amount of fellowships available each year, and we only accept new fellowship applications once a year.
The Details of a Girls’ Globe Fellowship
- The fellowship program starts January 2021 and ends December 2021, yet the benefits listed below are accessed by fellows for five years.
- A personal profile on girlsglobe.org with your publication archive and additional links.
- Publish at least 10 pieces of content during your fellowship year on girlsglobe.org.
- Spotlight: Be featured in the Girls’ Globe’s newsletter or social channels.
- Learn digital communications through Girls’ Globe’s online course: Digital Storytelling for Impact (worth €97).
- Monthly fellowship calls with Q&As, coaching and sharing experiences.
- Editorial support, including Search Engine Optimization, for each post on girlsglobe.org.
- Resources to support your digital content creation, including guides, tips and an inspirational editorial calendar.
- Promotion of all published posts on Girls’ Globe’s social media channels.
- Support with content creation, including making new connections.
The application deadline has passed. We'll open for applications again in December 2021.
Hear from these changemakers...
What's required of Girls' Globe fellows?
Girls’ Globe is a space that is shaped by global solidarity, with an optimistic outlook on some of our most difficult challenges. We believe that we’re all capable of creating change and that we need spaces that support us to be our true selves. Our Fellowship Program is such a place.
With support from the Girls’ Globe core team, fellows will create 10 pieces of content in line with their own activism and advocacy. These content pieces will be written, video or podcast series – and will be published on girlsglobe.org.
As a Girls’ Globe Fellow we need you to see your value as an active participant. It’s a space for you to grow and learn – but just as much a space for you to contribute with your learnings, perspectives and experiences. We know that you have a lot to share that can truly be of support to others in our community!
Wondering if this is right for you?
Girls’ Globe is a social enterprise with non-negotiable values. Here’s more about our eligibility and what we stand for.
Your Mission Must Match Ours
It’s a requirement that you are on a mission to strengthen gender equality, human rights or social justice. This must be visible through your prioritizations, experience and the work that you’re doing.
Do You Identify as a Girl or Woman?
Our fellowship program is specifically directed towards grassroots activists and advocates who identify as girls or women. Since the voices of girls and women, including transgender women and girls, are still marginalized, we are committed to providing a platform where their voices can be amplified.
We know that everyone must be included to reach gender equality, human rights and social justice. That’s why the Girls’ Globe Fellowship program has a few spots for grassroots organizations to apply.
Solidarity is Strengthened Together
At Girls’ Globe we are optimistic about the change that we can create together in the world – and we know everyone can make a fundamental change. That’s why solidarity is a cornerstone of our work. Our fellows understand that they too must show solidarity to further our collective work for a sustainable world where everyone is free.
The Application Process
To become a member, you must complete the full application process, which includes to fill out the application form, and provide any additional documentation as needed.
When you submit the application form, you agree to pay the membership fee in full should your organization be accepted as a member.
Applications are only open for a limited time, as we receive a high number of applications and we want to serve our community in the best way possible.